The skin retains its attraction and firmness with the help of collagen and elastin. Several reasons like the natural aging process, some kind of illness, and severe exposure to sun rays and external toxins can cause a reduced production of collagen and elastin. This leads to the development of fine lines, wrinkles, under-eye bags, creases, and folds that make the skin look dull. Beauty lovers across the globe are looking for different ways to keep their skin younger and one such effective way is micro-needling.
Micro-needling is a minimally invasive treatment intended to transform the skin by decreasing the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, enlarged pores, acne scars, and expression lines. Being an FDA-approved treatment, Micro-needling has proven to enhance the natural ability of the skin to heal itself. Our skin will heal overtime after it faces an injury. The Micro-needling process causes “micro-lesions” to the skin from small needles through the device. This promotes the natural healing process of the human body and avoiding cellular damage. Once the natural healing process kicks-in after micro-lesions, new collagen is generated and scar tissues are broken causing smooth skin tone and texture. Old scar tissue is reorganized but along with retaining the original skin structure.
- Your skin specialists will advise stoppage of few medications for few days after the treatment.
- Retinol A and vitamin C serum are surely advised to stop for initial 2 days, after the treatment. As 2 complete days have passed, you can take the expert advice and slowly add the products like (anti-aging products) back into your daily routine.
- Guarantee to ask the permission of your skin doctor for using the cleansers, toners, or scrubs that you want to apply after 2 to 3 days from the procedure to avoid the occurrence of any side effects.
- Hyaluronic acid can be employed after micro-needling, and it’s also suggested to aid in encouraging collagen production after the treatment.
- If your skin is extremely dry, it’s usually safe to spread on some coconut oil to retain the moisture and hydrate the face after micro-needling. It is crucial to use only subtle and natural ingredients that are you are accustomed to.
- Don’t expose your skin to the prolonged sun especially in the first week after the treatment, as you’ll be highly probable to sun damage than normal. Your skin specialist will surely advise you to reach for sunscreen regularly for the initial 2 weeks after the treatment. Always remember to apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen every time you go outside for some weeks following the procedure.
- Infection can be avoided by using topical antibiotic creams suggested by your skin specialist.
- Avoid touching your face and if you have to, ensure to clean your hands properly.
- Don’t apply makeup in the initial 24 hours after the procedure, specifically with a brush that has been utilized earlier.
- Do not accomplish any sweat-inducing activity to stop the entry of bacteria or any toxins on the skin during the healing phase. Remember to not wash the face or swim for 1 or 2 days.
- You may start applying the makeup one day after the procedure but only after cleaning the target region. Stay away from alcohol-based products, exfoliants developed of glycolic acids as per expert suggestion.
- The skin may be exposed to flaking or dryness due to the quick growth of cells but can be corrected by using a moisturizer.
How will the skin appear and feel after the treatment?
- The skin may appear reddish or pink soon after the treatment, similar to a sunburn. There were some proven instances of itching, redness, peeling, tightness, burning, discomfort, roughness, and tenderness in the skin. The impact of sunburn is generally seen in the individuals who have reported presence for approximately 24 hours which may also extend in some people for up to a couple of days. The intensity of such side effects is reliant on the sensitivity of the skin and the severity of the treatment. A numbing cream is applied during the treatment to avoid any minimal pain. This treatment has shown to be successful among a high percentage of individuals with multiple skin types and textures regardless of age and gender. It is minimally severe than other minimally invasive treatments like chemical peels. If you associate with a skin specialist who has the correct qualifications and ample expertise, then you may be guaranteed the effectiveness of the product. The redness that you get from micro-needling will go off in 2 days but other issues like peeling and breakouts will need slightly longer to fade.
- A major portion of recovery from micro-needling occurs in the initial day or two after the treatment, but healing will begin beneath the skin surface and will continue for 2 months from the treatment. Taking optimal care of the skin after micro-needling will make a huge difference in the results of your procedure. This aftercare will not only decrease your symptoms but also be safeguard the skin during the healing process. Be sure to adhere to all the advice from your skin expert, and also don’t hesitate to ask them all your doubts before or after the initial appointment.
- The total number of sessions required to show positive results will be reliant on different factors like overall health, age, skin type, and the desired results. There will be a visible difference in the first session but typically there will be a need for around 3-6 sessions to show the best results. Associate with an experienced skin doctor and stick to the treatment schedules and optimal care to achieve the expected results.
For getting a genuine result from Micro-needling, associate with a reliable and experienced center like RSkin Bar. Certified aesthetician Dr. Rosy Sandhu, will listen to all your concerns and craft a customized treatment plan that fulfills your top interests as the priority.